Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New M3 18" wheels - other fitments??

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by RickJK, Jul 7, 2008.

RickJK

I was wondering if the new M3s standard 18" wheels might fit the standard body current 3 series without too much difficulty. I only ask because many aftermarket suppliers seem to be offering similar sizes for the narrow body cars. Anybody??

jay01325 guest

No my friend they want work they will bolt on but the back spacing is too agressive for a standard 3series you wld have serious rubbing issues

RickJK

Do you know the offset of the new M3 wheel - I looked at the M3 yesterday and it didn't look like the rear fenders had as much flare change as the fronts. Perhaps I could run fronts front and rear??

jay01325 guest

Now it depends on if the M3 had 18s or 19s the 19 in rears will def not work but you can run a set of the 18in fronts all the way around. I have a friend who runs 18in M3 wheels on all four corners and has no problems.yor best bet is to buy a set of M3 REP wheels you can get those in lots of nice sizes

RickJK

The wheels I actually like are the 18s, not the 19s. The 19s look similar to the e46 19s to me, the 18s look different than the previous style unless my brain has glitched. I have not seen the new 18" style in a repro, and may not, what with everyone wanting 19" wheels these days. I don't particularly mind 19s, but prefer the larger selection of tires and slightly bettter ride from 18s.

jay01325 guest

yea i totally understand that, I feel that 18s are perfect size for the 3series and 5series. Ive been running 18s on mine for years now and love them. I did go to a 19 but took them off after two weeks i hated the ride and extra weight.