Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Hello, Request for SoCal Shop References

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by eglivius, Mar 16, 2016.

eglivius

Hello, I'd like to introduce myself as a new member, Phil Friess in Torrance CA, and the proud owner of a recently purchased E30 318is. I'd like advice on a good independent garage in the South Bay area to help me take care of the car and also of an auto upholstery shop in the general area a BMWCCA member might have used and been happy with. Thanks very much, and look forward to seeing you at BMWCCA events, Phil

charlson89

Welcome and congrats on the new e30. I would ask around to your chapter mates and see what they say I'm sure they will point you in a direction.

eglivius

Thank you very much for the advice, I will check with chapter members. Regards, Phil

TTG409

try south bay independent 182nd st and Vermont in Gardena

MGarrison

Golden Gate is a big chapter - hit up the GGC facebook page, and their forums - http://ggcbmwcca.org/

https://www.bmwcca.org/forum/index.php?threads/looking-for-a-repair-shop-start-here.10432/

Welcome to the club & forums, congrats on the E30! With the age of E30's, their issues and solutions are pretty well documented by now. I think the M42 engine profile-gasket issue, as I recall, is one of the pricey issues that comes up, I think because of being labor intensive and no shortcuts. If you do any of your own maintenance, the E30 Bentley manual is quite handy!

jwmoses12

ditto...to South Bay Independent...they're excellent...ask for Hoa (owner)...