Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Replacing Turbo on 2010 335i

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by 424830, Jan 28, 2017.

First time posting as a member; wanted to ask if anyone had any sage advice? I have a 2010 335i turbo. Great car no real repairs till last month when the fuel pump went. Now the dealer let's me know the twin turbos are going to go soon. It is just under $8,000 to replace (26 hours of labor)! Besides this the car is in great shape, I love it and is my daily driver (I have a 2016 M3 as well). Should I get it done by the dealer? Someone else? I don't want to sell the car-its value was 8-10,000 before this. Thanks, Greg

MGarrison

If you don't do your own wrenching, then perhaps see if there's an indy shop you can be confident in (see: https://www.bmwcca.org/forum/index.php?threads/looking-for-a-repair-shop-start-here.10432/) - hit up your local chapter contacts, forums (if they have them) & social media for recommendations. Dealers will take care of it properly (at least they should) but you might find an indy who can tackle it at a lower /hr labor rate.

Welcome to the club & forums!

charlson89

Whats your mileage on the 335i?

Thanks MGarrison for the advice. On Charison, my 335i has just under 89,000 on it.

charlson89

There is a extended warranty for these turbos but it's only till 80k miles. The easiest way to do the turbos is to remove the motor. Can be done in car but is difficult. Depending on where you live there could be a BMW aftermarket shop that has done a few of these before and could save you some labor. The dealer has of course done many of these and you will known it is done right. Did the dealer say why they thought the turbos were failing?