Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2009 BMW 528i upgrading Angel eyes

Discussion in 'E60 (2004-2010)' started by achhianil, Mar 12, 2012.

achhianil

Hello All,
    I want to upgrade my 2009 BMW 528i head lamps to HID or Xenon. Frankly, i do not know the difference between these two but I would like to have bright white light for the Angel Eyes. I am in Sunnyvale, CA and was looking for some to install them. Been to one of the nearby stores and they suggested EXTREME 6000k HID lighting for $250 and add'il $150 for Installation. Is this good price?
    Guys, please suggest me the lamps(Head lights and fog lights) to buy and if any local store who does fix the lamps.

Thank You

achhianil

its a pain to do any changes on these machines. Go to a professional even if it costs more other wise u tend to waste ur time/money

[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG] Yes, 6000K are correct ones. I did install on my 09 528i X Drive. Great improvement at nite. Got them from Amazon for around $70.00 wit error free resistors to cancel warning light at instrument cluster. Both head lamps need to be removed to do so. Took me about 2 hours on good sunny Saturday. Also I bought LED bulbs for Angel eyes. For them I was able to install them w/out head lams taken out. Approximate 30-45 minutes project. Also from Amazon for $45.00. Hopefully you are handy guy, so you can save some $$$.

Attached Files: