Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2009 328xi sedan noise from rear suspension area

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by shyammichael, Sep 7, 2016.

shyammichael

Noticed a clunking noise from rear of my car last night. Once I parked I visually inspected under the car and noticed what looks like fluids leaking from both left and right rear shock basis? From the pictures you can see the liquid and drips near the side of the tires on the concrete. The noise is present when I go over bumps etc and when I push down the rear driver side of car can hear a metallic clunking noise. I've parked my car and will not drive until I can get it in to the dealer, just don't want to further any damage although seems to drive fine. Did both of the shocks blow out? Has anyone had experience with this or have any ideas what this could be? I've attached 4 pictures 2 are from last night and 2 from this morning.[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]

Attached Files:

charlson89

Looks like both shocks have blown out and is most likely the cause of the noise. I do see this on quite a few e90's. Always good to have the rest checked out though.

shyammichael

Thanks, exactly what it was and fortunately the extent of the damage. Now back up running like dream!
    Ken.S.330 likes this.

dvenneman

How many Miles did you have on the car at the time of the problem?