Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Selling a 6cyl Front Strut Bar for E30

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by AlpineRob, Jul 1, 2008.

AlpineRob

Looking to sell my front strut bar from Bavarian Autosport - in excellent condition. chrome finish, with Bavarian Badge(New). Asking $125. (Sells for $225 from Bavarian) Thanks

Rob

Schattenjager guest

I have read that there are different widths between the strut towers on various cars. What model and year did this come off of?

az3579

It says right in the title; it's an E30. All E30's have the same chassis.

I might have bought it if I wasn't saving every single penny for a Driver's School in late August. :rolleyes:

Elkoholic

Whoa baby! Any shipping charges?

Schattenjager guest

From Ireland Engineering:

... IMPORTANT--The factory book says the distance between the strut towers is 1002.2mm +-2mm (39.5"). Measured from center to center (where the shock sticks thru). We have found many cars that measure about 980mm (38.75"). This leads us to believe BMW made two slightly different unibodies. Therefore we now make two versions of our brace. Please specify model and year, and measure your car to specify the "regular" or "short" brace.

az3579

Are you kidding me? I knew there were some minor variations between E30's but the chassis were different as well? What the heck??? :confused: