Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Never too old ?

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by stentoni, Oct 7, 2016.

stentoni

Greetings: I am a "new" used BMW owner from the Waukesha, Wisconsin area, situated 25 miles west of Milwaukee. Been driving over 50 years and have either driven or owned most everything on the road. Learned to drive in a 1964 Triumph TR-4. In all that time, I've never been in a BMW, much less owned one. Now that I retired for the fourth time, my wife and I decided that it was time for us to begin our drive down the "off-ramp of Life" in far greater luxury than a Toyota Highlander Hybrid SUV. My wife has family in North Carolina that we see maybe every decade and they all own BMW's. A local friend of ours owns 4 of them, 2 are his summer cars, and 2 are winter cars. So we figured it was time to look at BMW. Test drove 3 of them, all 2011's: 535i; 550; and 750Li. Wife liked the 750 because of the room in it. I looked around online at a number of sites and located a non-CPO 2011 750Li at a dealer in the greater Chicago area. Drove down to see it and it looked better in person than it did in pictures. Test drive sold us and we bought it on the spot. CARFAX on it was legit and the car had 36,900 miles on it. I declined the extended warranty offer from the dealer, as to cover the car, tires/wheels, it would have cost me another $7,000. Figured the dealership would have made a lot of money with their cut and the rate may have been based on us being in Chicago. I became a member of BMWCCA last night and posted a question I had concerning extended warranty or not, if my car is eligible for any extended warranty through BMW, or names/recommendations of any third-party warranty vendors. Question is posted in the "warranty" forum. Hope my joining doesn't skew the average age of BMWCCA membership too much !! - Stu T. -[IMG]

Attached Files:

Ken.S.330 likes this.

charlson89

Alway glad to see new members, welcome to the club and forums!

MGarrison

Congrats on the new ride, welcome to the club & forums!

Ken.S.330

Very nice.