Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Throttle Actuator Project Follow-Up

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by 106598, Oct 8, 2016.

Hello All!
    Well, got the actuator gears replaced with the ones offered by our good friends over at Odometer Gears in Virginia and fired up the M3 and all was fine for awhile. Turned it on and off a few times while I picked up my tools then suddenly I started it up after sitting awhile and got the very same code I got two weeks back, "U011E" lost communications with module B. I ordered (2) new hall sensors(13627841704) and (2) x Hall Sensor Clutch pieces since the 704's are plastic and my car is a high mileage M3 (114,578).
    Question is module B referring to one of the two banks of 4 cylinders? If so which? What are some of the symptoms of a bad Hall Sensor? Most likely one of my electrical boards on one of the throttle actuators is bad?
    Any advice would be appreciated. Going to check the throttle actuators after the engine cools to make sure mechanically nothing has happened. Will take off the plenum and start the engine and see that's happening there. Then turn off the engine, disconnect the linkage arm at each actuator and move the leaver arm through it radius of travel and see if for some reason the problem is mechanical.
    What about the accelerator pedal pods?
    Thank You!
    John M. Coates, Jr.
    BMW CCA Member #106598
    985-285-0973[IMG] Cell