Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E36 mystery battery drain...

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by alchik, Sep 9, 2016.

alchik

Hi,

I've just found that my 1995 325ic has developed a mysterious battery drain. It's related to the radio circuit (fuse #9). It started happening some time ago with the original radio and I've since replaced it with a new one and also ripped out some legacy alarm system the previous owner installed in a rather unprofessional manner. I keep reading about a sleep mode and was wondering if it's possible that my vehicle is never entering that state? Also, how to fix that if it's the problem. Another thought is an issue with the power amp that is supposed behind the back seat. I read a thread that it's possible it's not shutting off. I have notice that when I remove and replace fuse #9 I get a thud sort of noise. Could be the speakers but with my hearing, hard to tell. Any thoughts?

TIA,

Al

charlson89

Do you have the last 7 of your vin so I can see what is on fuse number 9? Also have you measure to see what how much of a draw is happening amps, milliamps?