Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

e92 drivers side bolster pump

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Cherney Bumer, Sep 1, 2016.

Cherney Bumer

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone has/knows where I can find a drivers side seat side bolster pump for my e92. Previous owner swapped in sports seat but the driver's seat does not have a pump. If you reach under the seat you can feel nothing is hooked up to the switch. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Nick

charlson89

Are you looking for a new or used unit? The pump for this is in the back rest not under the seat you sure there isn't on there.

Cherney Bumer

A used unit would be fine but if I have to go new I'll go new. I don't think it has the pump because there's nothing plugged in to the switch, I guess I should pull the seat and check then but I assume there's no pump if nothing is hooked up

charlson89

I would check the back first before you go looking for a pump. Is the switch there just nothing plugged in?

Cherney Bumer

Yes, the switch is there just nothing plugged in to it

charlson89

Are these electric sport seats or manual sport seats?

Cherney Bumer

They're electric :)

Thanks for your attention by the way

charlson89

If they are electric sport seats they should have the pump and lumbar support. Does the lumbar work ok?

Cherney Bumer

I don't have lumbar, it's my understanding that that's with the premium package and not the sport package? Something to that effect

charlson89

Do you have a picture of the drivers seat controls you could attach?

Cherney Bumer

Here is a link to the photos, titled appropriately. As it turns out the drivers side is connected but the wiring looks different. Very strange, guessing the motor or something is just dead then

http://imgur.com/a/K3o9W

charlson89

Yes it looks connected next would be to remove the backing to the seat and check power to the pump motor. These can have leaking bags or pump motor failures.