Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

new from California golden gate chapter

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by mstk1981, Aug 23, 2016.

mstk1981

Hello all, new member but not new to bmw. Always loved the brand from looks to ingenuity and heritage, owned many BMW's and many of my friends and family also share an interest in ownership
    I myself am more into squeezing performance out of the machine, my preference is running pre obd2 software (less restrictions in my mind) always have had a passion for the e36 chassis, had a turbocharged 325 was a absolute rocket of power. Just motors running excessive boost for so long is a killer on engine rods. Just as I was ready to retire the 325 a 95 m3 practically fell into my lap. It was a little undesired from the owner and buyers because it had an automatic transmission, So the low price tag let me take a look on some options to modify this to my liking. Always wanted a highway gear in my 325 so I searched for a e46 six speed, just lucky enough to find a listing in my town out of a low milage e46 that had been wrecked. The conversion was a snap and the reward of this swap in this chassis was worth every penny.
    I feel like the us s50/s52 need a little more punch when you are a little late to work, found a listing for a dinan supercharger kit that was in need for a re-build, so was able to get it for great deal (and smog legal for California).re-built myself so saved in that also. The result is a m3 that is just a absolute dream to drive, upgraded suspension to handle some more torque (also love my cars low). Able to find a great set of my favorite wheels from the e39 m5. let me know what you think

charlson89

Welcome to the club and forums, sounds like you have quite a nice m3!

mstk1981

Thank you charlson89 for the comment and the welcome!!

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums!

mstk1981

Thank you MGarrison!! been having a blast so far
    MGarrison likes this.

Ken.S.330

Very nice.