Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Autocross ride needed

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2016' started by gvcmel, Dec 10, 2015.

gvcmel

Starting my planning for OFest already and looking for an autocross ride. I'll bring my data capture gear and we can compare runs at lunch time. I'm not afraid to coach someone and have them end up beating me when the day is over.

gvcmel

BUMP! Still looking for a ride for the autocross.

gvcmel

Bump, bumP

More than 1000 people registered already! Still looking for a seat in the autocross

gvcmel

Bump Bump Bump!
    Still looking for an autocross ride on Friday.

Face it, secretly you want someone to warm your tires for you don't you.

gvcmel

Getting desperate for an autocross ride on Friday!

nd4spdlsc

I may be adding AutoX Friday but are you desperate enough to try a 540?

gvcmel

540 manual? What tires?

Cloudbase

Mel, I'm looking for a seat on Friday too. Maybe we should rent a Ford Fiesta or Fiat 500 (just thinking of something small and light)!

gvcmel

Cloudbase, looking to run for some bling to take home. No trophies for those cars. Still holding out hope, Nick has kindly offered me a ride in his 540. Lets see where that goes.

nd4spdlsc

Mel, I finally got a chance to call the head office. Registration will need to be done at check-in. I likely won't be first in line as I need to head down from work Tuesday. You're welcome to sign us up ahead of time. The one sticking point is that I have hot laps at 3:30. I am under the impression both the AutoX and the Hot Laps are at Laguna. Do you know if this is correct? The car is the manual with Pilot Super Sports. They may have enough miles by Friday to wear off the mold release. I don't think they'll be enough to hide the weight though.

We would also need to work out car numbering. I have 507 on a magnet. Maybe we can make the a 4 or 8.

Cloudbase, what's your experience with a manual? I'm not sure if we can run 3 drivers with time constraints. Can you find out?

gvcmel

Nick, this will do just fine. Send me your last name and I'll pay your autocross fee as a thank you for letting me flog, er I mean drive your car. Michelin Super Sports are just fine. Run them on the Boxster and while not the leader of the pack they can provide an excellent time. Give me your cell phone also, that way we can keep in touch.

I'll ask about your "507" but autocross normally is your OFest registration number which in this case may be four digits long. Believe this puts us in class 7C - Touring. I'll have my GPS tracking gear and hopefully we can sit at lunch time and review the data. I've been know to coach co-drivers into beating me by the end of the day.

I'm sure they will allow you to vacate to take your hot laps if you are working. Just speak to someone first thing in the morning. I know at some OFest autocross the number of entries is pretty low and we've been done by 3pm anyways. Can't see the list of autocross entries this year. hummm

nd4spdlsc

Mel, no sponsorship needed but the story and a beer will be great. PM Sent.