Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New from Ontario, Canada

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Flavius, Aug 15, 2016.

Flavius

Hey BMW fans!

My father was a BMW owner for the last 20 years of his life and got great satisfaction from these fine machines. Now I'm looking to learn from this community before I take the plunge!

dmmai

Welcome to the club and to the forums.

A couple of quick questions:
    Are you considering purchase / lease of a new BMW?
    If you're thinking of leasing a new Bimmer, great! We've found the BMW lease environment to be very good with no problems at all. The cars are under full warranty throughout the lease period with no out-of-pocket cost. It's great. If you want to purchase a new BMW, no problem. Again, full warranty with no out-of-pocket ... until the warranty expires. After that, just like any modern car, it can get pretty expensive when things fail.

Are you looking at the purchase of a pre-owned BMW?
    There are a number of things to consider and there are certainly others on here more knowledgeable than I but ... If you are good with your hands and can DIY most of the routine maintenance, earlier Bimmers can be cost effective entries into the BMW world. The newer/newest technology is remarkable but sometimes problematic, requiring serious trouble-shooting and service. It depends on your budget, your personal risk tolerance and your abilities. If your price range includes recent pre-owned models such as off-lease, then dealership CPO can be a Very worthwhile approach. Sure a CPO car is a little more expensive but it just might be worth it. Again, budget and risk tolerance.

We've been down all of the above roads and loved most of our Bimmer experiences ... all but one. One would have broken us if it hadn't been under warranty. Just sayin'

Good luck and have some fun along the way.

charlson89

Welcome to the club and forums! Fire away any questions you have.