Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

wheel help

Discussion in 'E46 (1999-2006)' started by cdavis0590, Aug 5, 2016.

cdavis0590

I got a line on a set of nice wheels cheap. They're 18X9.5 ET 35. Current tires on them need replaced but are 245/45.

Car is a stock 04 325 coupe. Should I test fit or is this mission impossible?

charlson89

I always recommend a test fit when possible. I don't believe this will be a problem just make sure the hub size is correct. I know some people run 265's with 9.5 rims and they fit ok and some need to have the fenders rolled. With 245's you should clear. I would of course suggest test fit them then have 3 people sit in the back seat and drive over some bumps and make sure they don't rub. I know the coupes have a little different suspension compared to the sedans.

cdavis0590

Thanks for the reply. The seller is OK with test fitting, I just didn't want to go through the hassle of its way off. The tires are about worn through so I'll probably go a size smaller.

cdavis0590

Just to add information. The wheels in question are ASA brand , model JH8. A little google says hub is 73mm.

floydarogers

The 35mm offset will push the wheels out a bit (std. offset is 46 iirc), so 245 is probably going to be pretty close to rubbing.