Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW Assist Going Away on all Pre-2014 Models

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by JCCLYMER, Jul 26, 2016.

JCCLYMER

Is anyone else as mad as I am about how the communication from BMW was handled concerning the cancellation of BMW Assist Services effective 12/31/2016? If you have a Pre-2014 Model you will not be able to renew when your existing contract is up. I just purchased my 2013 528i (with 27,000 miles) when the lease was up in May 2016. I received no prior notification of concerning the BMW Assist cancellation. I was considering the purchase of a new vehicle, but opted to purchase my (5) because it has such low miles and is a joy to drive. I feel like I should have been advised by BMW so I could have taken this into account before making my purchase decision.

I'm ranting. Thanks for listening. Has anyone else gotten any information concerning what BMW may have it mind for those of us who would like to continue to utilize the BMW Assist Services? Any word on hardware or "technical" upgrades as they are calling them.

Thanks in advance for any information you might have.

charlson89

Yes sadly this is true. But it's really not BMW fault entirely since its the service providers that are retiring the 2g and 3g equipment used. Should BMW seen this coming and in there newer vehicle but 4g equipment in the vehicle, probably but maybe the cost to do so at the time was to high. I do know some of the newer vehicle may get a retrofit kit to upgrade so assist will work again.

JCCLYMER

Who told you there would be a retrofit? I have a 2013 F10/528i.

charlson89

I work for a dealer and they have said they are working on one