Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Bistein B4 with Vogtland Springs

Discussion in 'E38 (1995-2001)' started by Taxed, Jul 13, 2016.

Taxed

Well, I just picked her up today and whoa! What a difference. With the Vogtland springs, there is about an inch drop and an increase in stiffness from the stock SPORT springs of 15% or so.

Went for a long test drive here in the desert where testing the Autobahn nature of our cars is safe and the car drives wonderful with this combination. Car has 265,000 miles so ah, the suspension was quite worn out. It drives super controlled now, but still has a luxury ride. Much less body roll with these springs. I replaced all 8 control arms with TRW, rear ball joints and carrier w Lemföder, and all "consumables" in the strut stack including mounts (Sachs), rotating bearing in front (Sachs), spring pads (BMW), bump stops and protection tubes (KYB). I used the stock style bumps and they're fine with these springs. Great combination! I can highly recommend if you want sporty, but still want luxury first. Had a hard time finding folks in the US with this combo, but finally found a tuner in the UK who had done a lot of this exact combo and said all his customers were happy. I am another one!

Attached Files:

Ken.S.330 and MGarrison like this.

charlson89

Thanks for the write up nice to hear how the upgrades helped!