Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

ABS Pump Module Returned/Remounted in M3....Now: How to Bleed It?

Discussion in 'E90/E92/E93 M3 (2008-2013)' started by 106598, Apr 21, 2016.

Hello All!
    Well, I received my completely rebuilt ABS pump module back from Module Masters up in Idaho Tuesday evening. It was packaged very well for the return trip to San Diego and had no damage. The total including shipping was $270. I mounted the ABS pump module back in the M3 in about 10 minutes after work last night. Now need to bleed the air from the system.
    Question: I have a power bleeder for the brakes but how do I properly bleed the air from the ABS pump module? I don't have a scanner to activate the pump motor like on YouTube either. Can't I simply bleed the calipers in succession like always then use the pressure from the power bleeder to crack the (6) fittings on the ABS manifold to release the air? Should I not do that and crank the engine to run the car and crack the fittings as mentioned to release the air?
    Please advise.
    As always, many thanks!
    Sincerely,
    John M. Coates, Jr.
    BMWCCA Member #106598

takrdown

John,

I did the same thing. Module masters is great and I've put about 7500 miles on my new module and it has been working great! You shouldn't need to scan or program the module as they rebuilt your original module so nothing changed as far as the car is concerned.

As far as bleeding, you are correct, you can bleed the brakes as you normally would for a brake system bleed and you should be fine. Nothing special. Good luck!

Jeremy