Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Thomas Boyce

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by ///M5, May 5, 2016.

///M5

Am new member as of April.
    So far have enjoyed BMWs for decades (528i, then 528e, now 540i -M-sport (for 10 yrs), and anticipating June arrival of 2016 M5 F10.
    Do not want to apply Washington State front license plate, which is a "requirement". However, state regulations allow for an exemption/waiver "if the body construction of the vehicle makes compliance with this section impossible".
    I have seen M5s and some 535is w/o front plates.
    My concern, after researching details of the S63B44tü engine and its cooling system components, is that it would be impossible to affix a front plate without interfering with the functioning of the central "lower temperature" radiator, which is seen in the upper part of the central air intake/airscoop (and likely interfering with proper cooling).
    Am curious to know if there are members who have used a successful strategy for describing why a front plate should not be affixed.
    Comments will be appreciated.
    TRB

charlson89

Welcome to the club and forums! Have never had any experience with the plate issue.

///M5

charlson89
    That's good news. Will see if I am forced to use one by state.