Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

100+ Mileage

Discussion in 'i3 (2014 - present)' started by Wile E, Apr 4, 2016.

Wile E guest

IMG_0570.JPG :D

110 plus miles on a single Rex charge, app did not respond well to this. would not log but recognized the next days trip with 104 miles on a charge. Software; not what its cracked up to be.

charlson89

Great mileage for a rex on a single charge. Did the rex ever turn on and if so how long did it run?

Wile E guest

Rex did kick in on me, I usually need about 35 miles to make it back home ( I get the power loss warning and all regularly - 3 times a week). The California style "no control of Rex" is a bummer, Europeans have a vehicle that I would say is 20% better at same relative cost. Not a real great way to place on the market here.

charlson89

True, I know there is a aftermarket software that converts us vehicle to the euro style.

Wile E guest

I purchased the DVDINMOTION product and received this in response:

Attached Files:

charlson89

Really did they say why it wouldn't work? I think after the recall the only difference is the map itself but don't quote me on that.

Wile E guest

Said that the "new" Navigation Head Unit and put me in que for update when they have upgraded their software as my VIN vehicle is not compatible. They were really nice and apologized profusely but said that their engineers were working on higher volume items. but hoped to have a solution for newer i3's sometime in 2016/17. Early i3's are able to be hacked according to the sales rep; again she was very nice and i have no reason to doubt her.

I purchased software in Dec '15 so i believe it was the most current and will check in on them from time to time and will update here if any success.

I do appreciate you discussing this me as it is a lonely go out here in i3 world and the Press is pretty hard on the i3 here in US as it just wants everyone to drive a volt or bolt :confused:

The best to you,
    S

charlson89

I enjoy the I3's and they are easy to work on. Let us know how it goes and keep us updated.

Wile E guest

update on my '15 Rex
    the new 2.4 gallon tank makes a much better go at it. I also LOVE the REX control after 74%, plus a few other things, just had to add that the 2 items above make the auto 30% better; best thing ever. This thing rocks now !