Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New to BMW from Grand Rapids, MI

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Gman70, Oct 4, 2015.

Gman70

I was looking for a deal on a used car last spring and just happened upon a 2006 330xi with 114k miles. I typically research cars pretty carefully before buying, but this car was available for trade-in value and thought "what could be wrong, it's a BMW!" Ha!

I knew it needed a new windshield and struts/shocks. I've always been one to do my own maintenance so I'm familiar with wrenching. Its a good thing too!

I just finished replacing the valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket, water pump, thermostat, and the front suspension. While making these repairs I fell in love with this car! The ride handling and performance are fantastic. Looking forward to future modifications.

I recently joined the BMWCCA to get connected with the world of BMW.

charlson89

Welcome to the club and forums! Glad you enjoy the wrenching it can be quite fun.

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums!

Ken.S.330

Wow, that was a lot of work to start out with.

193198 BMW NUT

Hey Gman70. Welcome to the Club. hope to see you at a Club Event soon. Our next event is April 30th at Grand Rapids Motor Car and then on May 1st we have a Car Control Clinic at the Tire Rack in Indiana. I love wrenching on my own cars and have just replaced the Struts in front and Coil Over Suspension in the rear of my 2003 745Li daily driver. my e30 got a new suspension upgrade a few years ago.

dmmai

Glad you've joined the crew.
    You picked a great way to begin your journey with BMW.
    My wife's first Bimmer was a 2006 330xi. Loved that car. Wish we had never let it go. Oh, well.
    Enjoy the ride.