Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Registration / track experience

Discussion in 'Oktoberfest 2016' started by TomF, Feb 25, 2016.

TomF BMW EnthuZiast

I just completed registration for my wife and I and I noticed that there is no provision to supply track experience and desired class for the second registrant.

Near the top of the page where you sign up for various packages and activities there is a question about whether you will be attending driving schools at Oktoberfest. Clicking "Yes" opens up an additional dialog where you indicate # of track days at Laguna Seca, # of track days in the past year, # of track days in the last 5 years, and # of track days total. Then there is a pull-down to indicate your desired class.

When I went down further to complete the activities for my wife, there was no question about whether she was attending driving school and no place to indicate track experience. It allowed me to select the different driving school days regardless.

There is a disclaimer above the area where you indicate your track experience that says something to the effect that failure to complete this section could result in improper classification and possible loss of track time, or something like that. If there is no place for the second registrant to indicate track experience or desired class then how can they be classified?

TomF BMW EnthuZiast

It looks like this has been handled as my wife got an e-mail requesting her to modify her registration, click "yes" on the (new) question about whether you are attending a driving school, and then fill in the (new) information about her track experience.
    • Staff

steven s

Each person's registration type is 'member' and the additional registrants where also 'member'. This prevented me from selecting which questions people would see since everyone would see them. I changed the type to guest so guests wouldn't need to see specific questions relating to the original registrant. Didn't discover this until a couple days later.

But overall I haven't had to help but 2 people register and everyone can modify their registration themselves. In the past I had to modify each registration. Pay each one out and request refunds. All that is now self-service. :)

TomF BMW EnthuZiast

Thanks Steven!

I thought about contacting you directly, but I wasn't sure that this was something you were responsible for (I should know better by now!). I figured I'd just post it here and someone who was responsible would see it. Glad you were able to resolve this!
    • Staff

steven s

I wouldn't have mind you contacting me. If I don't know there is a problem, I can't fix it. :)
    gvcmel likes this.