Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New CCA member from CT

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by unagi1, Jun 23, 2008.

unagi1 guest

Hello guys,

I got the car almost 2 months ago, but just joined the CCA since I'll be looking to hopefully do some auto-x in the area. I have a 08 335i e92, BSM / Coral Red with the works. Good to see some of the guys on here from the other forums, talk to you soon! :D

az3579

Great, another CVC member! Welcome :D

unagi1 guest

Thanks !:)

TeamStowell We love driving!

Congratulations on the new ride and welcome to the club! Make sure you keep an eye on the events of the other local chapters. We are all withing 3 hours of each other, which we all know goes by rather quickly with a roundel staring at you from the steering wheel.

unagi1 guest

That's true -- good point. Question: is it ok to join in on the other local events such as autocrosses without having to add an additional chapter to my membership? Thanks!

TeamStowell We love driving!

I can't speak for all chapters, but you would be welcome at all Patroon Chapter events. There are times when chapter members get first dibs on things like drivers schools, but other than that we treat any CCA member as our own.

az3579

It's cheap insurance to add a chapter to your membership because if there's an event you really want and it's limited to chapter members, then you'll be SOL.

But for $15 extra per year, you can't go wrong either way. :D

lcjhnsn

Hmmm... Patroon or Boston, or both????

After talking with the CT Valley Chapter President a couple weeks ago, there won't be much going on in this neck of the woods this summer, except for Oktoberfest at Watkins Glen in the fall.

But my $$ will be spent on the road trip to the last "Roadster" Homecoming to be sponsored by BMW Manufacturing in Greenville SC this year. So, I won't make Oktoberfest. :(

unagi1 guest

I drove up from Greenville a couple months back when I did the PCD. The guys down there are really cool and down-to-earth. PCD was a blast!

Hmm, guess it's time to surf the various chapters and see exactly what events are going on for the summer. Don't want to be SOL :D

az3579

Well my next additional membership will be for Patroon. I don't know about Boston yet but if I join all the surrounding chapters then I definitely can't go wrong. lol

I agree about our own chapter; it's a bit slow right now so we need some activities to spruce it up. The last few events I attended for the CVC weren't as exciting as I had hoped, except for the Driver's School of course, which was a blast. Did meet some great people though, as always.

E36M3MIKE guest

Welcome Aboard!!!:d

lcjhnsn

Hey unagi1 & az3579, are either of you interested in joining me for a drive from CT up to the Saratoga Auto Museum German car lawn event on Saturday (6/28)? Check the thread here...

http://www.bmwcca.org/forum/showthread.php?t=2141

I'll be leaving Colchester (halfway between New London & Hartford) at about 06:00 to make it up to Saratoga between 08:30 and 09:00. Let me know if you guys are interested and where you are located.

Note to Forum moderators: I would have posted this in a Regional Chapter forum if there was one, so I wouldn't be clogging the new members forum with off-topic info. But since there aren't (yet) any separate Chapter Forums...

az3579

Yeah, I'd love to join ya. I responded to E39Chris about meeting up with him before reading this thread, but since you're closer, perhaps we could meet up and then go to where he wants to meet up afterwards? We'll have our own little rally. :D

This is getting big now. lol

lcjhnsn

I sent you a pm/email to start working out the details. Please get back to me with your location, thoughts on departure time, etc.

unagi1 guest

Hi guys,

Thanks for the invite! However, I'm tied up all day Saturday, unfortunately. Have fun and enjoy the drive :)