Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

M235 X drive tires and wheels - advice

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by fshoffner, Feb 23, 2016.

fshoffner

I recently purchased a 2016 M235 X drive, love the car, only issue, I'd like to have a little more aggressive look with tires and or wheels. My old "03 330 Coupe had stacked wheels and tires, nice wide tires in the back and I really liked that look. The M235X drive has somewhat small or narrow wheels and tires. Has anyone out there upgraded to wider tires and or wheels and had good luck with it?

charlson89

With the xdrive system I will caution you about changing the wheel size since this can cause issues with the all wheel drive system either wearing prematurely or causing vibrations or shudders. So I would suggest using spacers on the stock rims if you want a wider stance or if you do wanna replace just don't go to much larger.

MGarrison

Welcome to the club & forums, congrats on the new ride! The Tire Rack (tirerack.com) is a good source for such packages.

fshoffner

I know it's best not to mess with the wheels and tires, had "0" luck on two other BMW's I've had over the years. Thanks for your response.