Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Candidacy Statement

Discussion in 'Brian Thomason' started by admin3, Oct 28, 2015.

admin3

I’ve been a member of the CCA since 2001 when I bought my first BMW. I was so grateful to find the CCA because it provided a framework and structure as well as a social outlet for me to nurse my burgeoning obsession with BMWs. The friends I’ve made and relationships I’ve developed through my association with the CCA, not to mention the fun I’ve had and what I’ve learned about these fascinating machines through the CCA is inordinately valuable to me.

By training, I’m a CPA and I support my BMW habit by serving as Associate Vice President & Controller for a prominent west coast non-profit university.

Since 2012, I’ve had the opportunity to serve as the Los Angeles Chapter Treasurer. That’s been a challenging experience in some ways; I’ve had to learn how a Chapter runs, I’ve had to figure out how to keep autocrosses and driving schools from losing money, I’ve had to learn that in the chapter some things are more important than the almighty dollar.

I have enjoyed immensely the people with whom I’ve worked, and I hope I’ve helped the Chapter members build meaningful relationships. Now I want to help the CCA do that on the National level. There will be more learning, but I am a CPA that specializes in operating a not-for-profit organization as my day job—that’s a big head start. It’s my goal to help the CCA operate with an eye toward efficiency and practicality. When you operate a non-profit, stewardship of member funds is paramount because every dollar we spend on overhead is a dollar we can’t spend on making your experience with the club better.

It would be a privilege to serve and I sincerely thank you for your consideration of my candidacy.

BimmerBrad

Brain,

Thank you for taking the time to post a canidate statement.

grumpsjr

More than happy to do so. I'm also happy to answer any questions. Hope the New Year is off to a great start!