Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Group A M3 1987

Discussion in 'E30 M3 (1988-1991)' started by Ross Allan, Jun 21, 2008.

Ross Allan guest

Chassis 'M3-1'. CiBiEmme. Car # 42. Winner Round 1 1987 WTCC with Ricardo Patrese & Johnny Cecotto. Win/places other WTCC rounds. Subsequent extensive & documented race history in Australia & New Zealand with 'name' drivers. Car is completing 'race-ready' restoration in New Zealand. Comments welcomed.

Arash2002tii guest

Sweet sounding car, I just picked up an '88 M3 yesterday myself. It's Lotus orange but the color kind of grows on you. I'll upload a couple of picks when i get the chance.

kenny_lam

Pictures, we need pictures! :p

mlwagner

I believe you mean Hennarot. Classic BM color. Enjoy it.

az3579

No, it's actually orange. I've seen pictures!

mlwagner

Maybe I am confused. But if you a referring to the 88 E30 M3, there is no color called Lotus Orange. In 1988, it was Henna Red changing the Zinno in the second half of the year. If the car in question is an E30 M3 and it is the color you name, it was resprayed.

Pics of the strut tower?

Arash2002tii guest

Actually it is a Lotus color the guy painted on it, Lotus Chrome Orange Metallic, I believe its called. The strut tower says diamantschwartz as the car was originally black, which I wish it still was! If you want to see pictures of it to see what I'm talking about just look in the Autocross section under the thread "Autocross Results"

Evo

GrpA car

Ross: any pictures of the car while its in restoration? How did you find this car? Is it being done by the gentleman at Motorsports New Zealand in Invercargill?