Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Facebook Suggestion

Discussion in 'Member Feedback' started by AThieman, Nov 29, 2015.

AThieman

Hey guys,

I've been in the group for a few weeks and noticed that there isn't much activity anywhere. I was looking around on the forums and didn't see many active members, or people posting much. I had thought of something...

I noticed that a lot of the chapters have their own private groups on Facebook where they can share pictures and talk to each other. What if we created a National Facebook Group? I feel like that would be used a lot more than the forums. People would be more likely to comment and share pictures there than here I would think. The majority of people have a Facebook as well.

Just something I thought would help,
    Austin :)

MGarrison

National does have a Facebook page, but you can't post messages to a page, only comment on posts put up by the page admin. Maybe they'll take your suggestion and do a FB group. Your observation about participation levels is relatively consistent across the club - almost everywhere, compared to overall membership, those who participate in any form (social events/meetings, driving events, online, etc.) is substantially less, typically 1 or 2%. Considering all that the club offers its members (generally speaking - some chapters are more active than others), I've always found that somewhat baffling.

charlson89

Wouldn't mind a Facebook page as well.