Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

The All-New 2016 BMW M2.

Discussion in 'BMW NA News' started by BMW NA News, Oct 16, 2015.

BMW NA News guest

• More torque than past generation M3s.
    • M TwinPower Turbo Technology yielding impressive performance.
    • Wider track featuring lightweight aluminum suspension.
    • Manual gearbox with innovative rev-matching technology.
    • Fully variable Active M Differential.
    • Nürburgring-tested M compound high-performance brakes.
    Woodcliff Lake, N.J.: October 13, 2015 6:01 pm EDT / 3:01 pm PDT …

Today, BMW M GmbH unveiled the newest member of its product family. The coveted M badge has been placed on the popular BMW 2 Series in the form of the all-new 2016 BMW M2. The 6-cylinder under the hood is in keeping with the finest M tradition, ensuring unbeatable driving dynamics on the race track with exceptional power delivery and the signature, outstanding driving behavior thanks to rear-wheel-drive agility and lightweight aluminum M Sport suspension. The innovative M TwinPower Turbo technology ensures outstanding torque available across a wide rev band with rapid responses and excellent efficiency, raising the pulse with its distinctive engine soundtrack.
    The BMW M2 will be available at authorized BMW centers with a limited range of options starting in the spring of 2016. Price will be disclosed closer to market launch.
    Download the entire newsletter.

Continue reading...

Ken.S.330

If I only had the scratch. Maybe when they become used cars I will be able to afford one.

hankolerd

Along with this announcement, BMW started an Instagram competition, starting with this Instagram photo - https://instagram.com/p/8wisnpltJe/?taken-by=bmwusa

If you look at the bumper there is an Instagram tag that leads to an Instagram account - https://instagram.com/72to16/

The @72to16 instagram account states that it is a competition to be 1 of 5 people to drive the M2 in Thermal, CA. Once you went through the riddles, it brought you to a final Instagram account that linked you to a registration page, which had the official competition rules about when winners would be notified and how. Does anyone happen to have a link or copy of the official rules? When the competition ended on Oct 27th BMW removed the landing page and I have not been able to access the rules since then.

hankolerd

Never mind, winners have been notified :) I can't wait!