Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

E39 Sport Pkg includes what???

Discussion in 'E39 (1997-2003)' started by 190796, Jun 17, 2008.

I used to own an E39 sedan that had an "M" package with wheels, tires, shift knob & steering wheel. What else was included in that package?

Autohaus guest

Black shadow-line trim, sport-tuned suspension, I believe a different differential?, sport seats and anything else I am missing I am sure other members will add on to the list.......

TeamStowell We love driving!

That is the complete list, as far as I know.

Ralph Machon guest

I have a 2003 530 w/ sport package. The window sticker had a price of $2300 for this option and lists the following as to what the package includes:
    Cross Spoke Alloy Wheels
    Performance Tires
    Power Front Seats
    M Sport Steering Wheel
    Sport Suspension
    Shadowline Trim

BBenedict guest

I have a 2002 540i with the sport package. It includes:

Lower differential gear
    High stall torque converter (steptronic auto trans)
    Larger wheels, tires (245 and 255 vs 235) 17 inch rims 8 inch and 9 inch width
    Lowered .9 inch
    Different shocks and sway bars
    Sport seats
    Shadow trim

H8Rain guest

I have a 1997 540 6 speed manual. It has the chrome trim around the windows, 235's all around, 4-spoke steering wheel. It sounds like I do not have the sport package? I thought ALL 540's came with the sport package. How can I tell for sure if it has the sport package?

Thanks

BBenedict guest

It sounds like you do not have the sport package. The sport
    package was an option. Probably not a biggie. The sport
    package does have a bit "rougher" ride.

az3579

H8Rain:

My brother had a 1997 540i E39 with the sport package. His included shadowline trim, a sports suspension (the car was lower than usual), and it had a more aggressive bumper or spoiler, I can't remember which. He had the 4-spoke steering wheel though. The 3-spoke steering wheel didn't come out till 2000.

It probably came with a few other goodies but I can't remember. It was a while since he sold it (yes, sold! I almost shot him)...

H8Rain guest

I'm guessing I don't have the sport. I email the dealer my VIN and asking him to confirm.

Autohaus guest

Sport packaged E39's are hard to come by these days. Most owners are holding on to them. I would say my E28 has 1/2 sports package, I have have bavauto springs, bilsteins sport shocks and a front air dam! However, no 3 spoke wheel, I have 15 inch basketweaves from my E34 that got totaled :( and no shadowline trim.

H8Rain guest

Well, even though my car did not come with the visual actributes of the sport suspension option, the dealer ran the VIN and said it does in fact have the sport suspension. Good to know. Especialy since the car "looks" sporty :D

[IMG]

[IMG]

BMW5E39 guest

I have a E39 -03 model with sport, cold weather premium and the rear shades. From what you've described I believe the later models had alot of goodies added. but for the sport package:
    17" BBS 235/45 wheels
    Sport susspension
    M logo on three spoke steering with phone and audio controls
    Xenon low beams
    Shadow line trim
    Steptronic

I've converted all my head lights to HID and tail lights are all halogen. If you're interested let me know.:)

Autohaus guest

Wait a minute. That is an M5, but you said it didn't come with "the visual Actributes". Is that an M5 clone 525i, 530i or you are just pulling our chains? Nice pics by the way ;).

H8Rain guest

It's a 540 that I have slowly face-lifted :D

By no means am I trying to pull it off as an M5. As you can see the is no M5 badge on the trunk. Plus the mirrors are not M5 style nor do I have the trunk spoiler.

az3579

Bull! :)
    Slap a badge on there and somehow fabricate the fender grille thing and you would have an easy time fooling people with. Okay, maybe swap the mirrors too. :p

I seriously thought that was a stock photo at first.

MFarisE39 guest

Sweet

Boy, that car shore is purdy.

az3579

I just noticed something... on the front you have the Euro plate. You're in CT as well judging by your rear plate. How are the cops on that? Have they bothered you at all? It is my understanding that the front plates are required...

MFarisE39 guest

Plates

I know they are in Texas. I love my new plates, but would also love to have a German front plate.:D

az3579

E39Chris525i managed to pull it off; Euro front plates AND NY plates on at the same time. :D

Autohaus guest

That is right :). Its also on the 325xi. The cops haven't bothered me at all. I had the same set up on my 92 535i. When it got hit, it shattered the BMWCCA badge :eek: and knocked the euro plate to the ground, though no damage to it. I need to do that set-up on the 528e, though I need to get another euro plate and supports since the front moulding on the E28 supports our lousy USA plates. I should have known that the silver 5er wasn't an M5 just by looking at the side mirrors. Gr8t looking car :cool:.