Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Rear wheel bearing replacement, etc

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by Brucee36328is, Jun 17, 2008.

Brucee36328is guest

To all,

I have more recently purchased a 97 328is with 130k from Florida with a very nice body, but has some needed replacement parts. I have installed new front control arms/bushings.

I live north of Pitts in Mercer, and I'd appreciate some good advice on where I can 1) find a BMW capable mechanic to install rear wheel bearings that won't have me getting a loan, smiling 2) someone local that I can borrow the rear wheel (I'd be happy to put a deposit down on it) bearing retractor/installation tool that is sold thru Pelican, or 3) a member who might be interested in doing the work with me assisting. I plan on doing this once, so apprehensive at buying a bunch of specialized tools, hopefully you understand.

The second order of business will be a remanufactured drive shaft and new guibo as I have a light harmonic vibration at cruising speeds.

Then need a good source for both new leather for front seats and someone to install them as well as the door inserts.

Any help/advice would be appreciated

sincerely
    Bruce

jimoreno

Did you check with your local chapter? Most of them have a "Toolbox" and you can use them as long as you leave a deposit. I just did this last week for some front end steering components puller (NJ Chapter).

az3579

Or, you could take a trip down to your local AutoZone and 'borrow' one of their tools. You go down, they put a hold on your credit card for the cost of the part (if you were to never return it) and take it off when you return it.

And make sure you return it because it would be a bummer to get charged full price for a used tool. :p

Brucee36328is guest

thanks

I have sent a message to the local chapter. I too may try Autozone, but doubt they will have correct tool however will check after a reply from local chapter.

Do you know of a good supplier of reman' drive shafts?

Know a good source for new leather for sport seats?

thanks for the advice...
    Bruce