Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

2009 M6 Bank 1 Throttle Actuator Fault

Discussion in 'E63 M6 coupe (2006-present), E64 M6 convertible (2' started by SilverBitM6, Oct 16, 2015.

SilverBitM6

Experiences with this warning and repairs? Dealership estimates cost to repair over $2,000 and no guarantee that there arent’t other problems with fuel injectors. I am told this is not a common problem. I know there is a Bank 2 and should I worry? Just went over 100,000 miles with gold warranty. Am told no help from BMW. Any extended warranty companies that are good to work with and can still take car to BMW dealership recommendations? High miles and V10 seem to limit warranty availability. Location in central New Jersey.

charlson89

Yes the actuators do fail on the S85 especially with the high mileage ones. Those are not cheap actuator either. What kind of faults do you have and the main issue? Sorry I don't know any aftermarket companies that give warranties to that vehicle over 100k. As for BMW helping thats really up to there discretion because it would go to a goodwill situation. Have you called customer service to ask?

CSBM5

CSBM5

Also, at 100k on your S85, I would strongly suggest you change the rod bearings...see numerous threads on the M5/M6board on the subject. You will find significant wear if not into the copper by that mileage on the typical S85. There is a guy in the midwest who has built an entire business out of S85 repair and used engine sales...every used S85 he sells, he refreshes the rod bearings on, so he has a rod bearing sample size from greater than 200 engines now, and it's not a pretty sight...many owners don't catch them in time.