Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Alarm for 335i

Discussion in 'E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2011)' started by Lori S, Jun 16, 2008.

Lori S guest

Have any of you had the BMW alarm installed?
    Any problems?

I am having one installed soon because I want the little red bulb under the rear view mirror to blink when the car is locked.

long story..dealer thought they could make it blink by programming it like the 330i but found out that is not the case on the 335i.I was VERY specific about wanting this programmed when I ordered the 335i.
    They are sticking to their promise though by installing an alarm for me at N/C.

We should all go to dealers like this. I am impressed. Sonnen BMW.

VertigoFlyer guest

I just bought a 2008 335xi and am getting the alarm installed next week. I'll let ya know what I think of it once it's installed. Sure seemed to me to be an ODD exclusion from the standard equipment when a cheapo run of the mill car comes with an alarm these days...

Rick Lamb
    2008 BMW 335xi
    Snoqualmie WA

mpmajor guest

335i alarm - blinking light

I had an alarm installed as soon as the car arrived from the manufacturer, and there is definitely a blinking red light in front of the rear view mirror. Talk to Baron BMW (Mission, KS) for details...

unagi1 guest

I installed the alarm myself a couple weeks ago, very easy install for someone who is mechanically inclined. Activation was $130, I get the blinking clown nose and can control the lights / chirp from I-Drive when I lock and unlock the car. Ask around when getting the activation quote, apparently some dealers think they have to do a 3-4 hour update to the software, when it wasn't the case.