Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Back in an E38 7 series.

Discussion in 'E38 (1995-2001)' started by ChrisV, Sep 10, 2015.

ChrisV

Hi, all!

I had a '98 740iL that was customized, and posted it here before. Had it for 5 years before a storm killed it. Was away from the fold for a couple years, but had to scratch that big 7 series itch. I've always loved the last of the 740i Sports since I saw them new in '01. So, that's what I searched out. Found this '01 740i Sport (the short wheelbase version) for a good price and jumped on it. It had had over $7k worth of parts on it in the previous 3000 miles, including the entire cooling system, valve cover gaskets, timing chain guides, VANOS gears and assorted parts, all the front suspension and most of the rear suspension, plus mods like an M spoiler on the rear and the M60 intake manifold put on it to increase revs and HP. I've added subtle graphics, a Grom USB/Aux/Bluetooth adapter, angel eyes, and replaced the stock mufflers with Flowmaster Hushpower II and Magnaflow tips.

As you can tell, I love the E38. With no further ado, here are some pics:

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Ken.S.330 likes this.

charlson89

Nice looking 7!

cgate0313

Great looking car, i'm looking at buying a 1998 740il which is in prestine condition. Awesome cars.