Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New Matchbox bimmer love for 2016

Discussion in 'BMW' started by MGarrison, Jul 30, 2015.

MGarrison

Not sure if I may be the only one around to get excited over $1.00 mass-produced diecast models, but this 1M from Matchbox will be part of a 2016 "Best of the World" series (looks like there will be another BMW police motorcycle as well). Great color and deco, unfortunately MB has stuck the wrong wheels on it - I might feel compelled to tackle a wheel swap just to make it look right. Believe it or not, that's a thing, there are many who 'mod' these in various ways, Hot Wheels even makes varieties of wheel/tire sets for retrofitting.

http://lamleydlm.blogspot.com/2015/07/just-unveiled-matchbox-best-of-world.html

Pics from the Lamley blog -

If you're puzzled the 1M is labeled M1, BMW apparently required the labeling change from Matchbox for some unfathomable reason.
    Lamley 2016 botw black-orange 1M.jpg

Lamley 2016 BOTW.jpg
    The Real Flycaper and charlson89 like this.

The Real Flycaper e12 e34 e36x2 e39

a friend of mine always hooks me up with various bmw matchbox cars. I think I have a few 2002's and Im sure I have a bunch of e36's. Im gonna check their wheels.