Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW ConnectedDrive Out of Service for months

Discussion in 'BMW' started by mchiang, Aug 13, 2015.

mchiang

Has anyone with current BMW model ConnectedDrive been experiencing no service for months? I've been experiencing the POI online voice search not working for almost 3 months now. When I called BMW Genius, they stated they are aware of the problem and other owners are reporting the same problem, but their engineers are still working on a fix to the system now. I am very concern that it's been over 3 months now since I first reported the problem and their engineers still have not found a fix.

I am sure at this point if the problem is with my car or BMW ConnectedDrive system. Can anyone on this forum provide some feedbacks? It's very frustrating when I needed to use it and it's not working. Thanks.

charlson89

I know there has been issues with the backend system from the bmw providers for this service. What exactly is not working with the POI voice search?

mchiang

It's the online voice search function. BMW stated that they are aware of the problem on their end for the past 4 months, but they don't have an ETA as to when their engineers will be able to fix the system. In the meantime, I'm paying for a function that I can't use for more than 4 months and counting. This is creating a huge safety issue specially when I have a need to search for POI while drive and the voice search function is not working. Is this normal for the system to have such a long problem and they still claim that there's no fix in place yet? I am starting to lose my confidence with BMW now.

charlson89

The problem with those systems is that they are not ran by BMW but by a third party provider. I would call customer service and see if you can get those 4 months service refunded.