Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

H&R Stage 1 or Stage 2? - for non-sport 740i on Bilstein Sports - 18" rims

Discussion in 'E38 (1995-2001)' started by vk2006, Jul 25, 2015.

vk2006

H&R Stage 1 or Stage 2? - for non-sport 740i on Bilstein Sports - 18" rims

Hi guys,

I have been trying to figure out what option I should go for : H&R Springs -Stage 1 or Stage 2. By reading all the posts here and all over the internet, I read different opinions on different situations, but could not really find an answer to my exact set-up.

I have '98 non-sport 740i on 18" M-Parallels. Its my project car that I had for many years now, and just recently (5 months ago) I got to do the SUSPENSION. Car has 102k on it and its suspension never been touch, in 17 years [IMG]

I recently installed BILSTEIN SPORTS on stock old original SPRINGS, ride is actually enjoyable and responsive , however I would want more stiffness to it and would love to loose that ugly gap on my fronts. That seems got way bigger after I put new BILSTEINS. I don' t really mind the rear gap since its not that bad, but front really needs some work. [IMG]

- My first concern is if I go with H&R Stage 1 (1.3f/0.6r) - the front gap still will be there and rear gap will be slightly reduced (can live with that).

- My second concern is if I go with H&R Stage 2 (1.9f/1.3r) - then the front gap will be nicely reduced, but rear gap might be way too much reduced, where it might be inside the fender and have this really low look.

- I leaning towards Stage 2 but not sure if that will be to stiff to drive and if the car will be too low. Any ideas and suggestions?

- Also does anyone have NON-SPORT 740i on H&R Stage 2 and Bilstein Sports on 18inch rims? (M-Parallels preferred). Having a photos of this set up will make much easier to make a right decision.

Thank you guys. Your answers will be greatly appreciated!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ridepost/63...-bmw-7-series/

vk2006

Hello Guys,

Here it is finally. Got my H&R Springs Stage 2 (1.9f/1.3r) and Bilstein Sports. Car looks great for my taste. Exactly what I wanted. Drives great. Like brand new 2015 BMW ;) Feels tight and not too rough on the bumps and pot holes. Really like this setup! Thank you all for support and advice! I really really appreciate this!

http://www.cardomain.com/ridepost/6314816/19118243/1998-bmw-7-series/
    Ken.S.330 likes this.

ChrisV