Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Stock Trailing arm Bushings in E30 (87 325i Convertible)

Discussion in 'E30 (1984-1993)' started by KBurton, May 25, 2015.

KBurton Resto-Rod

Ive replaced nearly every rubber bushing and part on my 87 325iC and now need to do the trailing arm bushings. I know, I should have done them while i was doing the sub frame bushes but that's another story. Now in ordering the bushes i find that bmw.classic and my local dealer show 2 each standard and 2 each eccentric in the parts listing, HOWEVER the Bentley manual as well as the E30 restoration Bible say that IF Toe correction is required then install an eccentric in the outer mount and that IF more adjustment is required then install eccentrics in BOTH mounts. This alone would indicate to me that factory is just plain old round bushes! HOWEVER my parts guy is telling me that his listing shows one each per side, standard and eccentric but he can not tell me which one, inner or outer is supposed to be eccentric from the factory. Can anyone please shed some light on this BEFORE i tear the rear out (as well as the rest of my hair) again to do this job. At present i have 4 of each just to be sure i have all the parts to do the job. Any DEFINITE help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

MGarrison

I don't have an answer for this, did you figure it out? I'd guess that if the car's never been wrecked, particularly rear-ended, or, say, the back end slid sideways into a curb or some-such, and the alignments have always been in spec, then non-eccentric stock bushings might be just fine.