Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Auto Lieben Motorsports Fest

Discussion in 'North Central Region' started by DesertTech, Jun 10, 2015.

DesertTech

Hi,
    I'm letting you all know about a car event that is scheduled this summer. The event will be a upscale event from all of the prestige German marques featuring Porsche, Mercedes Benz, Audi and BMW! An all new event this year which will unite enthusiasts from both official and non official German car groups, bringing us together as a whole.

The event is being hosted this summer nestled in the hills next to St. Croix river at a ski village known as Afton Alps, owned by Vail resorts in Colorado. The ski resort is a golf course in the summer parking to accommodate hundreds of cars. They are providing a food truck serving brats, beverages, beer, etc., and will allow show cars to park on the grass on the golf course in the valley set up the show tents, etc.

This is not a concourse with judging or entry fee for the fist 50 registered cars. After the first 50 cars we ask a small fee of 5 dollars just to help cover running costs of the show. All proceeds are to go to a trusted charity which has yet to be determined. May we ask that you please do register if you plan on coming so we can make you a placard and one of us can hand it to you when you enter the show which will go on your windshield. Registration is also for Afton Alps to prepare for a certain number of participants. No personal information other than first name will be used on the placards.

The Midwest region would gain much by having a large premier event for all of us to share and congregate. Both the East and West coasts have unique and large gatherings, drawing members to travel and plan much more to attend those types of shows. If we work to create a new event that unites us as a region and gains much interest, then this will serve as such.

Here is the link for the registration: http://goo.gl/forms/kXlvGdmtY4

The date is August 9th, beginning at 10:30AM and until 3:30-5ish in the evening. There will be minor awards and a voting box for various things such as clean car, people's choice, etc, along with (possible) car wash station before entering the event for those who wish to do so. Volunteers will direct parking and the corral upon arrival.

I will post updates on this, and until there is an official website please feel free to contact me here with any questions or comments.

Thank You
    11329036_10155626330855722_1953745345_n.jpg

DesertTech

Some pictures of the venue for the first annual event. So far 85 registrees in the corral. BMW CCA North Star, Mercedes Benz Club Twin Cities, and Porsche Club Nord Stern are officially supporting this event. Show car parking and tents will be on the huge grassy sections at the bottom of the hills.

Auto Lieben location 1.jpg Auto Lieben location 2.jpg Auto Lieben location 3.jpg

Ken.S.330

Looks like a nice location! Hope you have a great time.

DesertTech

Thanks Ken! Its really coming together! I went out there again to work on where to set up, food, etc for it and I must say it is a very beautiful spot to have a car show! The parking lot area will be for anyone who wishes to spectate the show. Show car fee is only $5
    DSC_0852 (1).jpg DSC_0848.jpg DSC_0838.jpg