Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Show them off!

Discussion in 'E34 M5 (1991-1993)' started by 91e34m5, Mar 6, 2008.

91e34m5

OK...everyone in possession of the rare breed (at least in the US)....show what you got!

Mine and a twin from TX and
    Mine on display

Attached Files:

Jeff Gomon South Central Region Vice President

Nebraska M5...one of one

Love the model specific forum Just FYI...if you are looking for the BEST resource currently available for information, parts, tech articles etc....check out the BMW E34 M5 Yahoo e-group. There are currently over 1200 members all over the world. I am looking to this forum as another place to meet like minded owners of the last hand assembled ///M cars ever.

JDwyer2821 guest

[IMG]
    My 1995 BMW M5

Kevin Poe guest

Here is mine both stationary and in use autocrossing in Greenville, SC.

91e34m5

Good shots Kevin...gotta love the black. Thought I would include a current photo of mine. Anybody spot any changes from my previous post?

az3579

Yellow inner headlights (and fogs), rear spoiler, front Euro plate, and it LOOKS like you might have gotten a slightly wider tire up front, but I'm probably wrong on that one...

So how'd I do? :D

Jeff Gomon South Central Region Vice President

Murray,
    I second the "changes" that az3579 noted. Did you use the Laminx yellow headlight film for the High beams and fogs? I bought 2 sq. feet for the same purpose but haven't installed it yet. Looks good on your black car, don't know how it will look on my white one. Like the deck lid spoiler. Is it OE or one of the aftermarket offerings I have seen that are pretty darn close?

Hey, if you don't have one of these free Car Domain sites for featuring your car, they are pretty nice and a great way to keep a record of your upgrades and condition should anything ever happen to your baby. Mine is here <http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2617404>. You can easily set it up, customize the appearance etc. Anyway, thought some of you might like this.

91e34m5

You are correct on the high beams and fogs...they are both French Hella OEM's..not laminx. They are pretty rare. Yellow used to be standard on French cars up until about 15 years ago..so these are hard to find. A buddy of mine found them on a forum. The wing is OEM also...just installed it a couple of months ago. Found it on a forum as well for $100.. shipped. It was even the right color so I didnt even have to get it painted. I think I need to get some clear turn signals though...little too much variety on the front with the yellow lights, & orange turn signals.

The tires and wheels are the same..The one thing you missed was the solid bumper inserts that eliminates the side marker lights on th efront and rear.
    Good job....

Kevin Poe guest

Seeing as how things have been dead in here for a bit, thought I would post some more pictures.

91e34m5

We are such an exciting bunch...hard question....who can spot the e34 M5 in the attached photo? No cheating!

az3579

Ummm.... is it the white one? Or the red one? Or the black one that's cut off on the right side of the picture? :rolleyes:

gtopaul

It's not black, silver, or white

but one of only five Calypso 93's. This one just joined the family a couple of days ago. Going to be checking it out really well for the next few weeks.

Paul

[IMG]

DoubleEvilMPower guest

Did you purchase this one in MN? I was thinking of getting a Calypso red one but once I called she was gooone. I ended up purchasing a jet black one with 73,000 original miles. She will be home in about a week :D

gtopaul

Yep, that's the one. Got it from Sears BMW in Minneapolis. Funny thing was they wouldn't negotiate the advertised price at all until I found the same car listed on Craigs List in Minneapolis for $1k less with an extra set of winter wheels! Called them on it and they agreed to the lower price.:D Turns out the sales managers son (guess he works there) had put it on Craigs List unbeknownst to the rest of the sales staff. In short, we got a heck of a car for the price. I've just replaced the distributor cap & rotor, air filter, plugs, and will change the fluids this weekend. She's running great! Post a pic when you get your baby home!

Paul

DoubleEvilMPower guest

Wow thats great! congrats on a great deal. Yeah I was actually not in the market but somehow found myself browsing the classified ads for an e34 M5 for some reason ;) and I saw that one. Called them up ready to buy but it was gone, Im glad it went to a good home and you're taking good care of it. Since the e34 M5 bug hit me I decided to keep on searching and I found one in WA, about as mint as I've seen so I decided to sell my e36 M3 and go for the M5. It's black to go along with my soon to be black 1988 M3. My new baby should get to NJ next week, she is scheduled to be picked up tomorrow. I was actually in WA yesterday. I flew out there to check it out and drive it before it was put on the truck. Oh man this baby runs so smooth, I can't wait. Well I'll post up pics when I get her here and wash her :D enjoy your new M5, great looking car!

CR

91e34m5

Well DoubleEvil,
    Be warned.....once you go Black...you never go back! Looking forward to seeing pix.

gtopaul

My son had his E34 540i totaled back in March and had been religiously scanning E36 M3 listings online since that time. We did a 770 mile one day trip up north of Knoxville, TN to check out a 55k mile 98 Dinan supercharged M3. The car was almost perfect but the owner had purchased it that way and really didn't know that much about it. It took me two weeks to talk my son out of it. The E36 M3s we were seeing were either heavily modified or not taken care of. The M5 came up out of the blue. Son called me and said "check this out!" It had just been listed. Since I work at the local BMW dealership I quickly ran a history report on the M5 and it looked fine. Had him call the seller and put down a deposit until we could do more research on the car. Got the prior owners phone number and son called him and discussed the car and he decided to purchase it. It was pretty well maintained and garage kept so that Calypso Red paint is in very nice condition for it's age. We were very fortunate to get the car from what I can tell because others have posted about calling and being told it was already sold. Classic M5s aren't usually found at dealerships so it was just fate I guess. I sort of owed my son this one because when he was 17 and ready to drive I sold my 88 E30 M3 because I didn't think he was able to drive it. Not a good car to learn a manual transmission on. Well he never really forgave me for that (bought him a 86 325i w/220k miles instead) so now that he's older, and maybe wiser, the M5 might work for him. I hope so. I'm going out to Lexol the leather first thing this morning.;)

Paul

91e34m5

Paul,
    You have one lucky son! I too found my M5 by chance. Saw it listed in the classifieds about a year and a half ago. The owner (lawyer) had taken really good care of it but now had kids, a soccer mom wife, and no time for the M5. I knew immediately what it was when I saw it in the paper, made the phone call, met the owner, drove the car, and bought it. The owner had a mountain of documentation and had been trying to sell it through a broker for almost two years...I got it for half the price the broker wanted. I have never regretted it....and I don't think you will either. It's a special car worthy of special attention.....and it likes to be driven hard!

gtopaul

Nice looking car! Thinking about lowering the front on ours a little. Seems way up in the air compared to my Touring with H&Rs. Just not sure I want to sacrifice the ride for the looks. Ordered a complete front end kit yesterday so have that to do soon. Also ordered a blower resistor because it has only high speed. Once I get those tasks finished she'll be good to go. Just took this driveway pic a few minutes ago.

Paul

[IMG]

91e34m5

I have Eibachs with Bilstein dampers. In my case, there is no sacrifice in the ride quality. The car had the original struts & springs in it when I got it and it had the ride quality of a log wagon. The Eibach's lowered the car maybe an inch or so. My only problem is that I have bilstein heavy duties on the front and I need the bilstein sports which are a shorter shock to compensate for the shorter springs. I sometimes bottom out the shocks on the front....but the car rides great. I have sports on the rear which I installed when I got rid of the self leveling suspension. I still have the OEM sway bars front and rear.. I have replaced the links front and rear as well as the sway bar bushings. That tightened things up quite a bit in the curves.