Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

1994 318is

Discussion in 'E36 (1992-1999)' started by shepcs, Jun 3, 2008.

shepcs guest

I have two nagging problems that I hope someone can help me with. 1) the dash goes out for no reason with no warning when driving. This does not happen all the time and it is usually only for a short peroids of time. I have removed the instrument cluster and it seems fine and the connection seems good. 2) When it is hot out the car is hard to start. We have to keep our foot in the gas to keep it running for a short period of time. It will not idle. Any help would be appreciated.

chll69 guest

for the second problem maybe try cleaning the ICV out..(idle control valve) they can get pretty grimey. i dont have a 318 but maybe someone else knows how to explain how to clean that

shepcs guest

Ivc

Thanks for the post but I replaced the IVC several months ago. Do you think it might be a vacuum hose issue?

chll69 guest

that could be a possibility also. take it off and make sure its clean! good luck! hope you can solve the problems, sorry i cant be anymore help.