Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Who to call at BMW for EPA letter to import car?

Discussion in 'BMW' started by cheades, Jun 23, 2015.

cheades

I am looking at an X3 in Canada but if it doesn't have the EPA sticker I need to get a letter from BMW stating it meets EPA standards. The owner hasn't gotten back to me yet on the sticker and I am hoping it has one. If not, anybody know who I can contact at BMW to get a letter emailed to me?

Thanks.

MGarrison

I presume if you call U.S. BMW customer service they would move you along towards the correct department. Seems like sourcing one already in the U.S. would be a lot less hassle than trying to import?

charlson89

Ditto on the import being a pain must be real rare x3 setup. Yes BMW US customer service will be able to help with this.

cheades

So far the importing has been super easy actually. Found the car has the EPA sticker but it doesn't have the NHTSA sticker. Called BMW customer service, gave them all the info, and they are sending a letter of conformity (takes like 10 days).

I would call it rare, 2007 Meritsrot on black with 100k on it and records for the last few years at a 30% discount vs US prices. Thank you USD.