Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Power window problem

Discussion in 'E85 Z4 (2002-2008)' started by Skipb, Jun 21, 2015.

Skipb

Driver side window put itself up this morning while driving won't go back down when I put the top down and goes down halfway and stops won't go up or down is this the switch and how do I get the switch out do i have to take the whole door card off or does the switch panel just pop out ?

charlson89

If your vehicle has a build date after 4/2006 then the switches are glued to the door panel. You will have to remove the panel and cut the glue and remove then glue the new one in. Does the window move at all when you press the switch?

Skipb

Switch doesn't do anything windows not moving.

charlson89

Either window doesn't move? Does the passenger side work with the passenger switch?

Skipb

Yes the passenger window works off the switch set on the driver door. How do you determine the build date? Thanks for your help!

charlson89

On the drivers door jam there will be a sticker with all the manufactures specs and will have the date should be upper most right corner of the sticker.

Skipb

Thank you for your help .went out next morning and both Windows operated fine. Don't know what happened.

charlson89

Well hopefully it will stay that way!