Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Help with a 435i.

Discussion in 'F32 (2013-present)' started by annakatz, May 28, 2014.

annakatz

Just got a new 435i (less than a month old) and for the SECOND time, car will NOT start. Cranks, but that is it. How can I find out if anyone else has the same issue?
    Dealer tells me first time according to BMW. Problem is intermittent and dealer not able to replicate. One more time and Lemon Law applies in FL and they take car back.

charlson89

Anything specific set it off like hot days, cold days, after sitting a long time. I have had issues with fuel pumps on the F30 vehicles failing when new. Did the dealer pull any faults from your car?

annakatz

No faults found. First event was late morning after car was parked at home for 12 hours.
    Second time at 4pm after car parked one hour.
    Can't understand how no one else has this same problem.
    Traded in my 2012 335i due to high mileage and am very sorry I did so.

sungsc

Hey annakatz,

I think last month they did re-call on 435i due to fuel pump failure, maybe you fall in that category?

I have 435ix and I haven't had same issue or my VIN falls in recall, I hope I don't run into same issue :/

charlson89

Not all the vins have been released for the fuel pump recall. It is possible you are having a issue with the fuel pump for the low supply side.