Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

M3Dragon - NorCal CSL build

Discussion in 'E46 M3 (2001-2006)' started by m3dragon, Jun 29, 2012.

Ken.S.330

The Raptor is very cool looking, good luck with it. Not to be a wet blanket but I did hear that there were some versions or years of them that were susceptible to frames bending when used off road. I think I read that there were aftermarket companies offering kit to reinforce the frame. Anyway good luck with it.

m3dragon guest

I have the plates installed and did it when I did the 3.91 gear swap.

All e46 M3s have the sub frame issue unless your a vert.

m3dragon guest

So this is silly. All waxed, wheels cleaned and wax, brakes even waxed for a 600 mile drive to socal... Yes I am silly but oh well. It was really clean for 10 miles at least right??
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

m3dragon guest

Recently myself and another M3 had a article done for BMW Performance Magazine out of the UK. It was a joint article as we both went the way of OE CSL. The article was in the April edition of this year. Below is the article scanned in.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Ken.S.330 likes this.

m3dragon guest

This last weekend I lead a drive to Bimmerfest in SoCal. Drive down the car was running flawless until I tripped a airbag light again UG. Found out later passenger side was the cause so need to fix that now GRRR.
    I also recently installed a Frank Smith Tune. OMG does it wake up all the CSL parts. Car power delivery feels effortless and the car has more than enough power to reach.. well let's say I went pass the "limiter". Thanks to Ejaz an 0-60 Motorsports for the tune.
    This leads me to some disappointment. Not in the car but in what I thought Bimmerfest was about. At the urging of my friends I entered into the battle of the bimmeres modified M division. Let's say I am never doing a judging event again. The judge had no clue what a CSL was and only judge the car on what he could see. This is where the disappointment comes in. Judging at a "enthusiasts" event you would think they know the cars and ask questions. Nope FLASH and non BMW bolt ones with big stereos win all the top places. Rather sad to see that stance and crap mods is what from my observation is the state of a lot of BMWs. Now I know that we on this forums are a small percentage of the BMW modding group, and going the CSL route is even a smaller set of that. But was kind of sad to see the car walked passed without a second glance for a E36 325 with a wide body, airbags, and wrapped in some sort of razzle dazzle geometric pattern. Oh well I enjoy the car and that is why I built it.
    Here is some images of the drive down and back
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]