Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

BMW CCA grille badge

Discussion in 'F15 X5 (2014-2018)' started by steven s, May 11, 2015.

• Staff

steven s

Anyone with a 2015 X5 have a BMW CCA grille badge mounted to their kidney grille?

alphaod

So I tried to install the grille badge the other day and I noticed that the threaded part is too short for parts of the front grille, and for the part of the grille that it does fit, because the badge and the back part that screws on are both smooth metal, it is very difficult to secure the badge to the grille without causing damage. Also the part that goes behind the grille is also very short so it doesn't always securely fit square between two of the grille posts. I will likely figure it out by both getting a longer threaded part and add some sort of waterproof foam so the badge doesn't slide about and to protect the grille itself. But overall it seems there is a lot of difficultly securing the grille badge to the F15 kidney grilles without some modification for the badge and/or attachments.
    • Staff

steven s

The kidney grilles are deeper than other BMWs. Some people mount them on the lower portion of the bumper.

alphaod

I'm also looking at alternative locations for the grille badge but if I go lower on the kidney grill it will seems too busy in the front as I already have a BMW CCA [NY] club license plate.

kautzman

The grill badge does not mount properly to the F15 grilles. Even with a longer screw attached. Silcone glue might be the only remedy or mounting lower as was suggested

msburmei

I mounted mine to the lower "wavy" part of the grill just above and to the side of the license plate holder by turning in the nut until I could put the bracket in and angle and by turning it, until tight. Took a bit of fiddling to get the tension tight. You can't get to that area from under the hood without removing panels!. Max - 2016 X6 50i