Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Wheels

Discussion in 'E31 (1991-1997)' started by wbmunroe, Apr 25, 2015.

wbmunroe

So, the ASA 18" wheels that the previous owner put on my vehicle are not growing on me as I thought they may. I have found a number of places online that seem to still carry the OEM 16" (Throwing Star/Turbine style) wheel. My question to anyone that may know... Is there a wheel off of a more recent model (M Series maybe) that will fit the bolt pattern of my '93? I know 16" wheels are a bit "old school" and I'm trying to keep this vehicle as original as possible. However, if I cannot find a set that works, I will be looking for a more updated 17/18" from a recent model.

Thanks, as always, in advance for the info!

Here's what I found, as far as specs go for the OEM 16"...

1993 BMW 8 Series (E31) Specifications
    Bolt Pattern: 5x120 • Center Bore: 72.56 • Hardware:12x1.50 Bolt • Offset: Front: 10-25mm, Rear: 15-25mm

phoenixop

I'm no expert, but you may be thinking of M Parallel wheels. I have a set on my '91 850 and love how they look. Mine are 18's, but they come smaller. Found 38 on ebay using (bmw m parallel wheels)as the search. Otherwise, you can try (bmw 850 wheels), got 3600 results.
    Hope you find something you like cause it makes all the difference. Wheels and stance.

wbmunroe

I like the parallels, but those designed for the 7 Series are much heavier. I'm thinking something like the M6 has... Just need to make sure to have the appropriate spacers.

MGarrison

Here's one cross-reference - in German, but you can find E31's easily enough; you can use google translate for specific words, or the whole site if you wish.

http://felgenkatalog.auto-treff.com/

5x120 bolt-pattern & 72.56 center bore are common to lots of BMW's, offset would be the variable. That makes for lots of possible fitments off other BMW's, obviously some would need spacers.