Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

X3 exterior color choice-input please

Discussion in 'F25 X3 (2010-present)' started by scottstradley, Feb 28, 2015.

scottstradley

Time for new x3 for wife. Currently has 07 silver with gray interior. Looking at '15 new ones. Wife wants oyster interior, trying to decide between silver and space gray exterior. Says either exterior works. Looking for input and pro/con between the two.

Had several silvers, don't show dings at all, little dirt, but space gray looks great. Which to choose?

charlson89

I have the space grey on my e90 and love it looks great. Isn't easy as silver to keep clean because it is darker but it looks awesome all shined up. Of course with any color choice it is up to the individual. I suggest seeing if the dealer has both colors in stock and sitting them next to each other that helped me decide a lot.

dmmai

My wife's X3 is Mineral Silver Metallic with Oyster interior.
    The Mineral Silver has a kinda champagne look that shifts in varying light.
    We really like the look. Love the oyster over black interior.
    The oyster looks very nice with gray as well.
    To my eye, the straight silver/oyster combo seems a little monochromatic.
    What really matters, like charlson said ... what floats your/her boat?

scottstradley

Ohhhh, go ahead throw black into the mix! I do like the new black offered. My z looks great, it's easy to take 5 mins and speed shine when get home. But it goes to airport mon and home thur/fri from garage; 46 miles each way. Not much to clean. X3 much bigger and wife drives 50-60 miles/day. And only wknds to clean, prefer to minimize it.

You have pics of your silver with oyster? If do build your own on bmw site don't get good view of door open to see both at once. As you pointed out could be mono looking.

Pyewacket1

I love the Oyster interior, but I don't think I could ever keep it clean enough. I'd curse myself every time it got any type of stain or blemish.

It is a beautiful color, tho.

scottstradley

She wants light interior and likes the oyster. Yesterday got her carbon black with oyster. We'll see how color holds up. Usually keep car for about 100k, so if starts getting grimy even with frequent cleaning will not keep it that long. Read others comments they didn't have an issue with it showing first. We'll see.