Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Convertible windblocker

Discussion in 'E46 M3 (2001-2006)' started by ozkan, May 30, 2008.

ozkan guest

Convertible windblocker alternatives to OEM

I have two child seats installed in rear. In current setting I cannot use the OEM windblocker. Does anyone have any suggestions on alternatives which will reduce wind in cabin area? I looked around and could not find anything that goes behind or infront of rear headrests (maybe not a good idea since these have roll-over protection) or anything that goes on the convertible boot (lip area). I am open to any other ideas.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

morea3ic guest

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum!

I don't have a wind-blocker, but I find leaving all the side windows up & keeping the front seats as low as possible helps reduce wind/wind-noise, especially on the frwy.

Best.

Brian A

Everyone is different

If you're trying to reduce the wind for the kids in the back seat, it's pretty difficult as the back doesn't benefit from the windshield nearly as much as the front seat does. I really don't think there is a solution (other than putting up the top).

Keep in mind kids have a different perspective on things. My kids (and their friends) thought it was the coolest thing in the world to wear ski goggles in the back seat of my car. I kept two sets in the trunk at all times.

ozkan guest

Thanks very much for the comments.

Ozkan

edgar1301 guest

What kind of car seats do do use on your M3? We have just purchased a 2003 and we have not even taken the twin three year old for a ride. It does not look like there is much room back there and the bulky seats in our suv just barely fit. I have not found any seats that match with the cinnamon interior. About the wind, I find driving with the windows up on the freeway helps.

Edgar

berwickl

If they are old enough for booster seats, I highly recommend the Fisher Price Safe Voyage. One especially nice feature is the adjustable width which makes the seat fit in the recessed rear seats of the E46 M3 very nicely. The height is also adjustable and they fold down very easily to stash under my OEM windscreen when I don't have the kids in the car.

http://www.albeebaby.com/fiprsavobose.html has them for $40.

Photos of my son happily seated:

ozkan guest

Hi Berwickl,

Thanks for the post. I was looking around and found these awesome booster seats for my girls. They are Clek Olli. I got them in black and they look great on black. They have the latch system and installation was about 10 seconds each. After putting those in I started using the OEM windblocker. The girls cannot sit when it is on. I was looking for one that sits behind the rear seats. The 645/650/M6 convertibles have the window to do the job. Have not found one as of yet.

Thanks,
    Ozkan