Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Anybody receive the $500 reward rebate this year?

Discussion in 'Membership Rewards Rebate' started by acampo, May 30, 2008.

acampo guest

I submitted my paperwork in February and have not heard a word since.
    Can anybody tell me your experience in receiving the rewards check?

thanks,:confused:

skipm2k guest

Yes, I had to contact the club several times. BMW claimed they misplaced the paperwork. Contact the club and stay in touch with them. I was very ****** by the time I got the check.

M3Driver guest

I'm still waiting on one as well. Time email them (again). And yes, it typically takes quite a while.

330indy1

They told me they never got the paperwork (which I mailed in March well within the deadline), and I had to submit the forms electronically through a CCA staff member at the last minute to meet the deadline. I wonder.
    still waiting

skipm2k guest

Sounds like exactly what happened to me.

I wonder if anyone who bought a 7 had this problem.

330indy1

just got my check, thank goodness. I was really starting to get worried...

Thanks again for Steven S. for mediating with BMW NA.

Jeff Gomon South Central Region Vice President

Wow...that was fast!!

Just bought my CPO X5 on the 15th of Oct. and filed my membership rewards paperwork on the 17th. I got my $500 check in the mail yesterday, Nov. 19th. After talking to Steve S at National, I think the system is now running a bit smoother and is more expedient. At least as far as how quickly the National office sends it off to BMW NA. I was expecting 6-8 weeks or more. No complaints from me.

Swooz

Got my check

I submitted my rebate request with required paperwork on Feb. 23, got a note from the Club saying they got my request on Feb. 25, and received a check on March 15. Using my rebate to boost the economy - bought an Apple iPod Touch and getting my windows tinted.

Call them and see what's taking so long!:p

eam3

Yup

My father submitted the paperwork at the end of December and we found out there was one item missing in late January. He then submitted the missing paperwork and had the check in his hands around the beginning of March.

Digtlartst

Yes!

- I bought an 06 CPO 325xiT with BMW's .9% financing on Saturday, March 28 from Tischer BMW.

- I dropped off my completed rebate form at a US Post Office on Monday afternoon, March 30.

- I got an acknowledgement of receipt from the Club a few days later.

- Today, Monday April 13, I received a $500 check from BMW in the mail.

9 business days from dropping the form in a mailbox to the check arriving at my home.

Wow.

Thanks so much to the Club and thanks to BMW!

Qunadry

I would suggest mailing the form and paperwork by certified mail with proof of delivery requested. I do ths anytime I want to make sure what I mail is received. I will do this when I submit my form and paperwork when my 135i finally gets here from Germany.

MrZip guest

Got mine today

Mailed it on April 7th. Received the check in the mail today April 20th. Very efficient, no hassel!! Thanks BMW CCA! and BMW NA..

BMW BEAR guest

Sounds like most of you guys got lucky! Not me........

After a month of waiting for my rebate, I called the office to see why it was taking so long, and I was informed that the office saw the entry and VIN for me in the computer but it was incomplete and she couldn't find my paperwork but promised to locate it and call me back.

A week later, after no call…I called again. This time, the person I spoke to told me they still could not locate the paperwork, and told me that it was a mistake when they told me they saw the entry in the computer (yea right). I told them I had kept copies of all of it and would re-send it in to them. I was then told that it would be too late to send it in again and get it in their hands in time, therefore losing my rebate.

I think that this is an awful way to do business. One of the main reasons I have kept renewing my membership in the CCA was because I knew that in addition to owning a 2007 M6 convertible, I was planning on getting a 2008 M6 convertible (which I just got in Dec). The car in question was delivered to me on Dec 21, 2008 and I requested the rebate form at that time via e-mail.

My rebate form and all the accompanying documents (some of which I had to stand in line at the DMV to get) were mailed to the CCA office on Jan 28 when I returned home from a vacation. I have copies of all the forms in my possession. They were mailed using the US Post Office, and I brought them to the post office myself.

So, how could this happen? The envelope clearly had my return address on it but was never returned to me. I copied and pasted the mailing address right off the rebate form, so unless they printed the wrong address on the form I know the address was correct. How could it not get to them and not come back to me? Why did they see me in the system at first and then tell me it was a mistake? So now, not only have I lost the $1000 rebate, but my personal and vehicle information is lost in the CCA office somewhere.

My BMWCCA membership is came due again last month, and I renewed it…hoping BMW would do the right thing. They didn't. I got a letter and a few phone calls saying basically, SORRY!

Obviously this isn't so much about the $1,000 but it is the fact that they screwed up and won't admit it!

I doubt I will be buying anymore BMW's!

330indy1

wow
    two M6's ? that's more than I paid for my house.
    They figure you don't need the rebate $ (?)
    just kidding!
    That really is a bummer. You are relatively calm over this, IMHO.
    I thought that with CCA staff handling this now, this sort of thing would be minimized.

office guest

I actually process these rebates for the club. Since we took over this program last April (2008), this is only the second occurence of a rebate not being received by our office. While I understand the frustration, it is important to know club procedures while handling these rebate applications. We receive them in the mail daily. They are given to me for immediate logging in and processing. I enter them into the our database, process them for membership eligibility and then send either an email confirmation to the member or a letter asking for more information. This is all completed within 2 weeks. All rebates are then sent to BMW NA where they are logged again and processed.

Denying members rebates is not something that is taken lightly or that we ever enjoy doing. However, this rebate program is a gift from BMW of North America to our members and it comes with a set of terms and conditions. As a fully audited rebate program, no exceptions can be made to those terms and conditions. One of those terms is that we are not responsible for late, lost or misdirected mail.

We encourage each member to send the rebate application via certified mail, Fed Ex or UPS so that you are sure it arrives. If you send it standard mail and do not receive an email confirmation within 2 weeks, email us at rewards@bmwcca.org to verify receipt. Call us or email us at any point within your 60 day deadline and we will verify receipt for you.

Again, we would like nothing more than to never deny a rebate again. Unfortunately, there are times when the terms and conditions of the program simply are not met and we must do so.

Thanks,
    Tricia Jones
    BMW CCA

az3579

90% of the time I have used the postal service (USPS) I have had issues, mainly with packages getting stolen from the doorstep they leave them on or them losing something I sent out. They are highly unreliable, and highly recommend UPS instead. It costs more, but it's well worth the peace of mind.
    • Staff

executive director

The BMW CCA office did not "lose" the paperwork in question. Unfortunately, we did not receive the paperwork. Perhaps it was mailed to the wrong address, got lost in the mail or something else happened to it, but it was not received by this office. No one regrets a denied rebate request more than the CCA office staff.

Most days we have the pleasure of informing members their Reward Request has been processed and a check is on the way. There are days when we have the unpleasant responsibility of informing a member that their request has been denied for one reason or another. Often times that reason is because the paperwork was submitted late. In this instance we never received the paperwork.

There is zero upside to informing a member that their Reward Request has been denied. The majority of members, who have been denied, understand the reasons given and accept that we are doing the best we can for them and the Club. A few are so upset that occasionally their anger gets the best of them and they lash out at the staff and some even resign their membership in the Club.

The funding for the Member Reward Program is generously provided by BMW NA. BMW NA creates the rules under which our members are able to receive this important benefit of membership. When processing Reward Requests the staff has no choice but to apply those rules fairly and equitably across the board so as to maintain the integrity and longevity of this program.

We encourage members to submit their paperwork as early as possible and to do so requesting verification of delivery by the carrier of their choice. Include an e mail address so that we can let you know we are processing your paperwork. If you sent your paperwork and have not received verification by the staff that it is being processed within ten (10) days call to make certain we have it. Please do not wait until the sixty (60) day mark has passed.

If you have any questions related to eligibility for the program please call us at anytime. We want to help you receive your Member Reward.

Frank
    • Staff

executive director

Bmw Bear

FYI: BMW BEAR was not banned from the forums because of his post or because we ultimately disagree about whether his Member Reward Request was ever received by the national office. Unfortunately BMW BEAR decided to resign his membership and only BMW CCA Members have posting privileges in the forums.

BMW BEAR is welcome back to the club at anytime and will have full posting privileges if he decides to do so. In the interest of fairness his posts will remain.

Frank

Qunadry

Submitted the paperwork on May 1st the day after I took delivery on my 135i. Got confirmation from the club that the paperwork was received on May 4th, and I got my check from BMW today. Thanks to all.

mrglock

We had a fast experience when we bought our CPO 325xi just 2 months ago. I received the check within 30 days. Also the same when we bought the CPO 330i in September '08.