Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

New From Ohio

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by bob murch, May 29, 2008.

bob murch guest

Great to find fellow enthusiasts. I have an 02 540 and an 06 x5. This is my 4th 5 series - 98 528 boston green then a 2000 black on black 528 2003 530 black and finally the 2002 540 black on black. I own the 540 and lease the x5 and the lease is up on the x5 and the 540 still looks good but i'm ready for a change. thinking about a 335 convertible and maybe an x3. Any thoughts on either of these cars is welcome. I've never warmed up to the "new" 5 although its been 4 years now and the 7 seems a bit stuffy. I love the 6 but can't get over the lack of a sunroof. Im anxious to hear experiences and expected lease deals if any of you know of them.

thanks

MGarrison

Wilkommen Bob! What part of Ohio are you in? (me- Cincy)

bob murch guest

Columbus - I use Kelly BMW for everything here.

morea3ic guest

Welcome!

Welcome aboard!

New car shopping is always fun . . . .

My 2 cents . . . .

3 Series - personally, I'm not a fan of folding HT's = "convertibles for people who don't like convertibles."

6 Series - the 6 Rag-top is a very nice piece (my brother had one of the first ones). I agree with you about the missing sunroof, same on the Bentley Continental Coupe . . . .

SUV - For me, BMW is a sporting car . . . . not a truck, SUV or Crossover. For a really nice, mid-size SUV/Crossover - I like the Lincoln MK X with the Vista roof. Now that's what I call a sunroof . . . .

Best.