Hello there and welcome to the BMW Car Club of America.

If you are a BMW CCA member, please log in and introduce yourself in our Member Introductions section.

Iphone 6 pairing issue

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Electronics' started by leestewart, Jan 7, 2015.

leestewart

I have a BMW F30 2013 335i sportline, and never had any issues pairing previous iphones (5s, 4s) with my vehicle. I recently upgraded to iphone 6 using the latest iOS 8.1.2, and found I can't pair this particular iphone with my vehicle. The vehicle's bluetooth system detects the phone, but will not complete the handshake. I did my diligence to try to resolve. For instance, I navigated to the BMW bluetooth support site (www.bmw.com/bluetooth), where I checked my vehicle's compatibility with the iphone6. The site says the phone is compatible with my system. I went ahead and downloaded the latest system updates to my vehicle's software, hoping that would resolve the issue, but no joy. I have researched this forum and other related ones, and tried all the quick workarounds, such as resetting network settings, deleting all previous phones, reboots, etc. and so far, nothing works. Is it going to take an update to the iOS to resolve, or does anyone have any other advice to resolve this issue? Thanks.

charlson89

Have you done a reset to the phone? I would also try another iPhone 6 and see if it pairs.

leestewart

Thanks, but from reading another post in an apple related forum, finally got the answer to resolve! As I posted above, when attempting to pair, the car's BT system had no problem instantly detecting my iphone, but the iphone wouldn't provide the code to sync, while the vehicle's display was prompting for one. That was as far as I got before. So, this time, at the point the vehicle was prompting for a code, I simply elected to enter an arbitrary 4 digit code into the vehicle's display, and viola, at that point in the process, the iphone 6 responded by prompting me to press the pair button to connect, which I did, and the iphone was paired. The iphone's contacts, etc. all populated correctly, and so far, no further issues. So, to recap, when first attempting to pair, once the phone is recognized from the vehicle's BT system, instead of receiving a code from the iphone to enter onto the vehicle's BT system, the process is reversed, requiring the user to enter any 4 digit code first on the vehicle's display, then receiving the prompt to pair on the iphone, thereby completing the handshake. Sounds simple now, and probably is convoluted, but it works. Cheers!

charlson89

Glad it works!

leestewart

Thanks again for your input!